Garage electrical outlets & appliances (water softener, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
A GFCI device will open for one reason and one reason only; there must be a difference of at least .05 amps between the hot and neutral. Any appliance that trips the device is defective and needs to be replaced.

GFCI devices trip for a reason. My freezer and refrigerator are on GFCI devices and have been for 22 years without a trip. I would have no other way. Protection of my family is far more important than any amount of food what could be lost due to one tripping.

Keeping me safe at work with GFCI protection is far more important than any hassle of resetting a device.

Phase shifts due to inductors and capacitors will not cause a GFCI device to trip. RF will not cause a GFCI device to trip. What causes a GFCI to trip is a difference of .05 amps between the hot and neutral.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks