Garage Door Wall Button Console - How to Open or Remove? (photos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cfipp

Reaction score
I have an Overhead Door Python Chain Glide, Model OCG750 garage door opener that was installed in 1995. The wall button is working only intermittently. (The remotes work fine.) My problem is that I can't figure out how to open the wall button console or remove the console so that I can test it or replace it. There are no visible screws, no obvious place where the front face plate/cover snaps on or off, nor a place to use a flathead screwdriver to pry it off. In fact, I'm not even sure if the front cover does snap on/off because I don't know how the console was originally mounted to the wall. I'm guessing there are two screws through the back plate into the wall and the faceplate snapping onto the front, but I don't want to break it if I'm wrong. Has anyone ever encountered one of these Oldie Goldies? See photos below.

Thank you so much. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Carol

IMG_0886Large.jpg

IMG_0887Large.jpg

Cfipp

Reaction score
I got the solution from the Overhead Door company. In the interest of helping anyone else with the same problem, I'm posting it here. Squeeze firmly on either side. The front pops off - and it contains the circuit board. The back is just a plastic plate screwed to the wall. See photos below.

Sure am glad I didn't go at it with the screwdriver!

Carol

IMG_0888Large.jpg

IMG_0889Large.jpg

IMG_0894Large.jpg

IMG_0895Large.jpg

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Did You get it working ?

I would suspect a bad button/switch.

If so cleaning with alcohol may help.

Cfipp

Reaction score
Don,

Thank you for the suggestion. I cleaned the circuit board and button contacts with alcohol, put it back together on the wall and so far, it is working well. Thank you so much! (I am holding on to the replacement I purchased for a couple weeks in case there is another fail.)

Appreciate the advice!

Carol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks