Game of Thrones: Medieval Showers with Daenerys (Emilia Clarke)

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by johnfrwhipple, Apr 6, 2014.

1. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

[​IMG]

What type of shower would Daenerys (Emilia Clarke "Mother of the Dragons") use in Medieval Times?

[​IMG]

Who is watching the new season? Love this show..... It's obvious when you have dragons your going to get a little dirty. Surely in the olden times they did not have the means to draw a proper bath every day....

Maybe we will get lucky and have a sneak peak at a Medieval Shower Scene. I have never seen in any period movie a shower - always a bath. When did the first prototypes of showers come to be....?

When my wife and I visited Satorini Greece years ago they mentioned that there was evidence of early plumbing systems for toilets and baths. But no showers. When did this modern marvel come to be and who gets credit?
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

Showers from Ancient Times

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found these shower images online this morning. Looks like this web site is giving credit for the first showers to the Greeks.

Looks like these images date back to the fourth century

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  3. johnfrwhipple

Museum of Prehistoric Thira - Ancient Showers

This is the place my wife and I visited on our honeymoon one day. The Museum of Prehistoric Thira. We got married on Santorini (Greece) and one day we did a day trip to this museum. Pretty cool spot. Lots of talk about Atlantis and explosions but what I remember most was the design of the water ducts that acted like plumbing lines.

Genius.

[​IMG]

While digging up this spot they found duct lines carved into the stone.