galvanized sink drain- want to connect pvc to it

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by gwg, Oct 14, 2005.

1. gwg

gwg New Member

I have galvanized drains in my house and an old pedestal sink in the bathroom with metal (galvanized?) pipes. I want to get a new sink and faucet and use pvc. How do I connect the pvc to the galvanized drain coming out of the wall? thanks for any help!

gwg
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The metal threads coming from the wall would work using a slip joint washer and slip joint nut.

Then you can use that pvc trap with it.
  3. Cal

Cal New Member

If you can get that old Galv. line out of the wall,,,,There is made a threaded piece of Sch. 80 pvc (it's dark grey) .You can thread that in, cut to length, glue new trap and be on you way !

I get these at my supply house.Have NOT seen them at the box stores,,sorry