Galvanized Pressure Tank Question

Users who are viewing this thread

muddyriver

Reaction score
Having problems trying to post pics to this forum,i think i have it figured out in the reply below.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I had to sign in to Live and then I still couldn't see the pics.
This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.

muddyriver

Reaction score
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/muddyriverdogz/watertank203.jpg
watertank202.jpg

watertank201.jpg

watertank200.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Is this the pic you whant?
Ja, that'll do. Weird is right. They used a footvalve for a snifter. At this point, I'm no longer confident that they used a bleeder inline or if they pulled the checkvalve from the pump. If the line drains all the way down to the water table, that would be a lot of air sent to the tank on every pump cycle. Had they run the inlet to the tank on the side, it would have made one hell of a gurgling noise so running it into the top makes sense. It might also be deliberately aerating the water. Is there a birm type iron filter?

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The plumber from hell! Or a genius. Wonder how many flies and spiders flavor the water daily? A fine mesh over that would be needed, and more reliable than a snifter, however.

Got a air release valve, so it probably all works fine. But put a sock or nylons over the footvalve.

BUT: as to your first question, fixing a plain tank. I have three full of epoxyed in lag bolts. grind the area and use a washer and a ton of good epoxy. Some guys have success with a good whittled dry hardwood plug. If a welded flange is leaking, careful gringing, filing and sanding, with a clay "dam" to hold the epoxy can buy you a few years. Some I have brazed and soldered. JB is heavy bodied.

If the tank guys used a 10$ anode rod, they would last forever.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks