G500 or E350+toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason Moncrief

Reaction score
I'm about to embark on a master bath remodel.

I'm very attracted to the integrated look of the G500, but concerned my water pressure might not be enough, and I'll have to measure to make sure my roughin would fit.

Until we start demo, I can't really test the flow rate at my toilet inlet. When I check the flow rate at my tub by turning on both the hot and cold for 10 seconds it looks just okay (vs the Neorest installation instructions volume)...but if I just use the cold side, it's not even close. I'm thinking though that isn't really a valid test at all.

Is there a consensus on the G500? Am I better off with an E350 on a Aquia, Soiree, or Drake? Any opinions on those 3? I really like the look of the Aquia, and the cleanability of the 1-piece, but I also like the look of the Soiree...and the bulletproof reputation of the Drake.

The G500 would be ideal...but sometimes I like to flush the toilet while running the lawn sprinkler, which dramatically lowers my water pressure (which seems odd since it's on a separate meter).

Thoughts?
-Jason

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toilets do not require high pressure. In fact, excessive pressure can be damaging to the fill valve. There should be no effect on shower water when the toilet is flushed.

Jason Moncrief

Reaction score
I'm not sure that's correct for the G500 and the Neorests, because they don't have a tank to provide the water for the flush. Personally, I think that's boneheaded, but Toto seems to be doing moderately well with them, despite asking for very specialized installations for them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks