G-Max vs Double Cyclone and 1.28 gpf vs 1.6 gpf

Users who are viewing this thread

OneBDI

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
I am in the process of remodeling a bathroom and have been pouring over reviews and data and specs, and I think I have my choice narrowed down to a Toto model based on what I've read (despite the CR reviews). My questions are on the differences with the Toto G-Max models and Double Cyclone models. Which performs better overall? I have not seen much about the DC models other than from the Toto website. Also, is getting a 1.28 gpf model really going to make a huge difference over a 1.6 gpf model? I know I'm going to be saving a lot of water regardless as I have a 3.5 or so gpf Mansfield that I'm replacing.
Thanks

Chris

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II gets 800 on the MaP test.
All you need for a good toilet is 500 grams.

I have very happy customers with the Drake II, and I have the Ultramax II one-piece in my main bath.
My customers that have both the 1.6 and 1.28 report almost no difference.

OneBDI

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply - It looks like I can save a bit of $ up front with the Drake model as opposed to the Drake II.
The current Mansfiled although a water guzzler has been trouble free for 16 + years. I want to be sure that the replacement will
be as good if not better. Thanks again for your response and your efforts on this forum in general.

OneBDI

Reaction score
Terry,
Can I pick your brain with one more question? Is the CEFIONTECT treatment worth the extra $$

Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When I replaced my toilets during remodeling, I chose them with CEFIONTECT. With our water, I find that I can go at least twice as long between cleanings with the new ones verses the older ones. CEFIONTECT is smoother, so it 'self-cleans' better, and when it does come time to clean them up, a quick brushing does the work rather than scrubbing. So, to me, it is worth it.

OneBDI

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. We tend to clean the bathrooms every week so I'm guessing that with or without should be ok. It looks like the Drake II model with DC flushing system only comes with CEFIONTECT so it may be a moot point now :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks