g.e. power vent water tank fault codes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by frustrated-with-g.e., Nov 26, 2008.

1. frustrated-with-g.e.

frustrated-with-g.e. New Member

We own 2 GE Power Vent 50 gal tanks, one of them keeps shutting off with the fault code 2-1, which is dangerous vapours present or something similar. The one right next to it is fine. Could the sensor be faulty? Can I reset this myself so I don't have to go thru GE warranty line once again. This is the third time in 6 months.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Something is wrong to cause this problem to reoccur. It's somewhat like a circuit breaker than continues to trip. It's not a normal condition, so I'd advise having the heater professionally checked and possibly replaced.
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

Please post the Model and Serial number.
  4. ge service tech

do they actually have someone in your area that will service that unit???? Or are you completely on your own
    like with Whirlpool??
  5. Cass

Cass Plumber

Depending on its age you may need a FVS upgrade...