Fuse Size?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by tig, Jun 18, 2009.

1. tig

tig New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I have a six station sprinkler system controller that is a watermaster model 57116. It has worked this season but I turned it off when heavy rains came and it will not restart - no display. I changed the batteries and tried to change the fuse. Does anyone know the fuse size? Home Depot said one amp but I can't read the tiny writing and changing the fuse to a fresh one amp did not work. Nothing else appears to me wrong and just want to see if I have the correct amp size before paying to have someone come look at it. Any other ideas about cause? Appreciate the assist.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Most of the time, a blown fuse will not cause the programmer to not work, only the valves wont turn on. Check the 24v input, you may have a bad wall cube.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

If the fuse did not blow as soon as you turned the system on, it was probably adequate to at least test the system.