furnace water to drain into ejector pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gamma

Reaction score
:confused: buying house, new construction. plumber installed utility room floor drain in middle of room, far away from furnace. water from furnace needs to drain somewhere, so builder installed very long pipe from the furnace running down the middle of the room to drain into floor drain. i will trip on this pipe everytime i use the washer or slop sink. the "fix" presented to me is to have the pipe run behind the furnace and drain into the ejector pump. i am worried about sewer gas (smell) because the ejector pump lid would need to be cut, the draining pipe inserted, and sealed around this pipe. i am thinking the seal around this pipe will not last long, be hard to stop from cracking, or something like this. then i would be smelling sewer gas in the basement all the time. am i worried about a situation that most likely will not be a problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks