Fudge Factor on closet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

dtatum

Reaction score
Is there a fudge factor on the 12" rough-in?? The closest I can get is about 11 1/2 without notching out the floor joist - will this work??

Thanks,
Dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depends on the toilet, but works on many...remember that that dimension is from the FINISHED wall.

dtatum

Reaction score
I downloaded the specs for the Kohler Portrait - it says that the tank is 3/4" from the finished wall - that would give me about 1/4-3/8 space. Would you go for it?? Or I could use a offset flange - what do you think?

portrait-k3591-03.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd have second thoughts about a Kohler toilet, but not because of the fit! Sounds like it should fit. Did you check out Terry's links to toilet performance? That model might be fine, but it could be a real dog...a pretty dog, maybe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks