Frozen Toilet Pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

gesmarty

Reaction score
Questions about Moving Toilet Location

I am engaged in a major redesign/remodel of our second-floor master bath. The new layout calls for moving the existing toilet location about 12 feet horizontally from the present site. I plan to install a new Toto Guinevere 1.28GPF toilet.
I have a few questions:
1) What is the recommended/required drop per foot for a horizontal transit to the existing plumbing outlet site? (I have about 16" between floors.)
2) Does the existing venting need to be modified or moved to the new toilet location?
3) Other issues and/or recommendations?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am puzzled by what you question has to do with frozen pipes! The required minimum slope on a drain is 1/4" per foot, there is no maximum. The vent will need to be redone.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Our plumbing codes may not apply, but the reason there are codes is they insure that the installation will work. We have all heard horror stories about plumbing in India and other 3rd world countries that do not have codes, but certainly if you desire to have a system that functions without problems, you would be wise in following our codes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks