Frost-free Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

RKD

Reaction score
I wonder what can be done about a frost-free faucet (the kind with the brass stem with a washer on the end), the threaded end is also brass and is loosing its threads and the ability to shut off. Can anything be done short of replacing the whole shut-off valve.
Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I suppose it might be possible to patch this up, but it seems to me you'll spend an awful lot of time fiddling with this to save the price of a new one.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
RKD , what kind is it ? There are plenty of rebuild kits for frost free bibs and they work great .

RKD

Reaction score
Cal,

Thanks for your reply. The brand is Nibco, any idea where I might get a rebuild kit?

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
RKD,

Have found that if I take a picture (camera phone) of some of these things,then bring it to my plumbing supply house,,,,one of the old timers knows exactly what we are looking for. Not sure if they have it but www.***************.com has a TON of stuff too. Sorry i'm not more help.
Cal

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't have parts to ship out.

Most of the time, you're better off replacing with a new one anyway.
The valve seat gets wear too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks