frost free faucet - leaks from the stem?

Users who are viewing this thread

giggy

Reaction score
Hi - just looking for some confirmation here. I am not a plumber but a DIY'er

This frost free faucet (anti-siphon) (outside) is just over a year old and when it is on, it leaks a bit a water out of the stem - I noticed there was still some water on it (very slow drip - if a drip at all) this am. I am stickler for anything leaking. There is nothing coming out of the bib (dry) - my gut is telling me that there is no leak from the seat itself - as if there were - it would come out of the hose bib - wouldn't it? The seat sits about 12 inches inside the house and excess water finds its way out of the bib - to prevent freezing in the winter -- so if there were a leak - ' it would bee coming out of the bib? am i right on this fact??

I would think if the seat or washer were broke, the water would find its way out of of the bib first. I may be jumping the gun here and there may be no leak at all - but how could I stop the small amount of water coming from the stem?? Is water out of the stem harming anything??

thanks

Ally68

Reaction score
I am no plumber but there is a nut on the outside large that holds in the guts for lack of a better term. Sometimes it becomes loose on mine and will dribble when water is on I have tightened it and it will stop dont know if this is right or not but worked for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks