Front door question

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by r_2016, Jul 24, 2008.

1. r_2016

r_2016 New Member

Hi, I have a front door that has side lights and I am thinking of installing a metal strip mounted on the front of the door for added security like the one that is shown in this picture http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/maho/holooucr/images/66D-5.gif does anyone know where I could get a piece of metal maybe 1"X80" that would work for this application. Thanks
  2. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

It would have to be mounted to the outside frame and not the door (door opens in, or at least a front door should). You can pick up the piece at your local hardware store.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

From the sketch, I am not clear on why you want the metal, and how it relates to the vulnerable sidelight. Is it to reinforce- the jamb??
  4. r_2016

r_2016 New Member

Yes, I am running it the whole lenght of the door jamb mounted on the front to keep the jamb from splitting if someone were to try and kick the door in, I was able to find a strip of aluminnum at lowes that would work for this application. Thanks guys