From poly to PEX on repairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Maggy

Reaction score
I have poly under my sink that is in good shape up to the shut off valve. Is there a type of shut off fitting that I can crimp (or something) poly below valve and either PEX or service line at other end. That way, I would only have to make one repair. Help please. I have no idea what I am doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Qest makes valves for polybutylene pipe which have the faucet supply size for the outlet. I would be more concerned about the "I don't know what I am doing" part when it comes to ANY plumbing repair.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
With deep regret I must say that the easiest thing to do is go get a shark bite fitting. It will fit PEX, copper, CPVC and poly.

sharkbite_pb_pex.jpg

Copper/PEX/CPVC (brown side) to polybutylene on the gray side.

Theo N.

Reaction score
I repaired two PB lines at my Dad's house by installing the Sharkbite adapter. Sharkbite makes a special adapter solely for PB tubes, it has a recognizable gray collar on the PB end and Home Depot sells them.

From the adapter I then installed Uponor PEX, and then an Uponor stop valve. Big improvement in valve performance, and no leaks so far.

sharkbite_pb_pex.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks