Frigidaire front load Washing Machine

Users who are viewing this thread

PaulP

Reaction score
I have a Frigidaire front load washing machine. Dryer sits on top. It was flooded with water because hose clamp came loose. I fixed the hose and vacuumed out the water but now it doesn't work. All the buttons light up and i can hear 2 clicks after i press start but doesn't add water also same thing when i try drain/spin mode. I think the door lock switch is working. I'm thinking water damage to the electronics so letting it dry up over night. Any suggestions?

JRC3

Reaction score
Unplug it and let it sit...And then let it sit some more. Put a dehumidifier in there or at least a fan.

PaulP

Reaction score
The room is dryer than a dessert with both a dehumidifier and forced air...lol...i wanted to unplug it but didn't put the effort to unstack the machines to reach the power cord. Thanks!

JRC3

Reaction score
Do it easy and flip the breaker. No matter, kill the power to the board and switches to let it dry out for a day or two.

PaulP

Reaction score
I also thought about the breaker. I recall the washer circuit being labeled. I will go cut it for the overnight. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20161028_233708.jpg
    20161028_233708.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 227

PaulP

Reaction score
Did you turn the water back on after replacing the hoses?
Sorry. Never turned it off. It was not a water line issue. I reconnected the clamp that came off the 4" black rubber tube. The entire water load from that wash dumped underneath. I plan to turn the power on in the morning. Crossing my fingers...

PaulP

Reaction score
No luck. Still not working :-(

When i press start to wash or press start to drain/spin, it hums and clicks but doesn't come on in either mode. The door lock light comes on like machine is working properly. Does this sound like main board?

PaulP

Reaction score
Thanks. That sheet was inside machine but made me dizzy reading it...lol

Pulled the board out and it's corroded.
Off to ebay i go...

Attachments

• 20161030_131724.jpg
    20161030_131724.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 203

PaulP

Reaction score
After replacing the board, it made a new noise so i ordered more parts. Checked voltage going to drain pump and getting 3.8v which changes to 5v when i press start. Not sure if it's the door lock switch so also ordered drain pump and water level switch. Off to the laundromat i go...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Electronics troubleshooting takes a bit more knowledge than that required for simpler things. In a logic circuit, it can be hard to understand what a particular level means as it could be going on/off (high/low) rapidly, and look like a certain level when it really isn't. Analog often is easier, but also requires understanding and the ability to read the diagrams and understand the troubleshooting and theory of operation often given in the manual is necessary. If you change enough parts, you'll probably fix it, but it may be after replacing lots that didn't need to be. Sometimes, not calling a pro ends up costing more than doing it yourself as you might damage a new part that is caused by some other failure.

Wish you luck. If that hose leaked while there was bleach, softener, and/or detergent in it, those things can damage electrical and electronic parts. The residue can be somewhat conductive and destroy various components, get into connectors so it then corrodes or adds resistance to the connections. Drying it out often only works if it was clean water and the thing was not powered on at the time. Sometimes, you get lucky. Sounds like you did not.

PaulP

Reaction score
Electronics troubleshooting takes a bit more knowledge than that required for simpler things. In a logic circuit, it can be hard to understand what a particular level means as it could be going on/off (high/low) rapidly, and look like a certain level when it really isn't. Analog often is easier, but also requires understanding and the ability to read the diagrams and understand the troubleshooting and theory of operation often given in the manual is necessary. If you change enough parts, you'll probably fix it, but it may be after replacing lots that didn't need to be. Sometimes, not calling a pro ends up costing more than doing it yourself as you might damage a new part that is caused by some other failure.

Wish you luck. If that hose leaked while there was bleach, softener, and/or detergent in it, those things can damage electrical and electronic parts. The residue can be somewhat conductive and destroy various components, get into connectors so it then corrodes or adds resistance to the connections. Drying it out often only works if it was clean water and the thing was not powered on at the time. Sometimes, you get lucky. Sounds like you did not.
I completely agree except for the pro part. There's no way i would get a new board, drain pump, door switch & water level switch w/ labor for $112. It's 10 years old so i decided to refurb instead of buying new. Lucky for me the water looked clean. i am hopeful :)

Themp

Reaction score
You are using a volt meter and checking voltages, but you will not use the diagnostic troubleshooting mode that the machine can do for you? Give it a try and see what codes it is throwing:)

PaulP

Reaction score
Thanks again themp...i checked and all 5 vertical LEDs flash 4 times and start LED once, indicating error code 41- door open. The noise is coming from the door lock switch. I suspected the door switch but ordered the extra parts because i will be leaving for vacation this week and wanted to make sure it gets fixed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks