Freezeless Faucet Stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

greenskeeper

Reaction score
I have several freezeless faucets around our house. For some reason, one of the faucet handles appears to be stuck. There is no leak in the house, so I am assuming the pipe did not freeze.

I don't want to really try to crank down on it to try to turn it on in fear that I might damage it. Any ideas? Will I damage it if I force it open?

It has an anti-siphon valve and it is attached to a water supply line with pecks tubing.

Thanks!
Greenskeeper

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It may break in the open position like the one I am replacing tomorrow. There is no way to test it other than to turn it on.

greenskeeper

Reaction score
Cass said:
It may break in the open position like the one I am replacing tomorrow. There is no way to test it other than to turn it on.

So I should go ahead and force it open?

One of my neighbors had the same problem (we both had the same builder/plumber) and their just split and leaked all into their finished basement.

Thanks for the reply!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The only time it will leak into the basement is if you left the hose on it and the line froze and burst in the wall. In that case you wouldn't know if you have a leak until it is turned on also.

If you did not leave the hose on the faucet and it breaks it will run but not in the house, just out the faucet until it is fixed.

Check and see if the main shutoff to the house is working, that way if it breaks you can shutoff the water until a plumber can get there to fix it.

If it does break and you need to call a plumber be sure to ask if they can repair PEX, not all plumbers do.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks