FreeStanding Cast Iron Pedestal sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by KevinCT, Jan 19, 2014.

1. KevinCT

KevinCT New Member

Hey Guys doing a bathroom reno, and have reached the part of the job where I have to remove the sink and the toilet for a tile job. SInk is an old Standard Modernus, I see the water & drain connections, but I dont see how this thing is held in place into the floor, no bolts or anything. Looks like the pedastal acts as a sleeve for the sink top and the top can be slid out once the plumbing connections have been disconnected.
    Anyone know what holds the pedestal base in place or if there is anything I shoud be aware of for the removal?
    Thanks for the help -Kevin

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There should be a center "bolt" inside the pedestal anchoring it to the floor.
  3. KevinCT

KevinCT New Member

Thanks HJ

I figured some sort of fastener would reveal itself once I popped the top.