Free-standing steam shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

NMPastor

Reaction score
Any experience out there with free-standing steam shower units...plumbed with valved stub-outs and a floor drain?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on what you're interested in? To work, a steam shower needs to be fairly closed, or all of the steam would leak out. Management of steam becomes an issue when you have enclosed walls. and steam can penetrate, but not evaporate easily.

Houptee

Reaction score
I looked into these units and basically they are all made in China.
They are acrylic bases and walls with some glass panels or glass shelves on some models.
The biggest fear I had was with the shower valves and door hardware.
What happens if the valve needs a cartridge? Who makes the valve? Is the mfg going to provide parts if hinge or rollers break on the door? Is there even a phone number to try to order parts?
I admit some of those units are very modern looking and tempting to try.
I wanted to see them in a showroom and feel it and stand inside it before purchasing one, but could not locate anywhere in the Central NJ area that had them on display. The online dealers in my area that I called on the phone said they only had them in the crates and they would not open the boxes they were just a warehouse and would ship the unit to me.
I decided not worth the risk because anytime I buy something shipped by truck it seems to arrive damaged and those have a lot of glass panels.
Let us know if you get one and how it works out.

Big Bill

Reaction score
These type units are getting more and more popular. My advice would be to stick with a recognized brand name , before ordering get a copy of the installation guide and make sure its comprehensive and not in Chinese or Chinglish ( chinese english) ALWAYS fully check the delivery when it arrives on a truck for smashed glass or cracked panels etc.
Getting parts for these isn't so bad, in most cases they are generic components and companies like this one or this one stock them, you can even find parts direct from China on sites like Aliexpress

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks