Free standing laundry sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Free standing laundry or utility sink that won't break the bank i.e. nothing over $1000?

I do not know where to start looking.

It can be a single sink.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I want something quite good. A cabinet would be OK but I do not like something that is too wobbly, like some of the fiberglass ones are.

Should I consider all stainless steel for example? Or a stainless steel sink in a cabinet?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The most elegant and expensive way is with a 30" or 36" cabinet and a cast iron or stainless steel deep laundry sink. They also used to make a 20" metal and fiberglass sink/cabinet combination, but I do not know if there are any current models of it. My preference is the molded sink mounted/hanging on the wall.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ian, I have 2 of those inexpensive fiberglass tubs. I use one in my laundry area and one in my shop. I bolted the legs of both tub to the floor, and the are really quite stable. If your concern is that these will move around, I think you will find anchoring them to the floor will solve that problem. Now, if you are after something to match a nice decor, these will not do that. They are functional period.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
By the time I will need it I would have just refinished the whole laundry area. It will have smooth drywall, a suspended ceiling and a tile floor.

And you want me to plonk a plastic tub in it?

Actually, the Mustee cabinets look quite nice.

Last edited:

Wallskev

Reaction score

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 33,526
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks