Free standing laundry sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Ian Gills, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Can anyone recommend a Free standing laundry or utility sink that won't break the bank i.e. nothing over $1000?

I do not know where to start looking.

It can be a single sink.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Be more specific. There are free standing fiberglass laundry sinks that cost about $50.00, sometimes with the faucet.
  3. Ian Gills

I want something quite good. A cabinet would be OK but I do not like something that is too wobbly, like some of the fiberglass ones are.

Should I consider all stainless steel for example? Or a stainless steel sink in a cabinet?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The most elegant and expensive way is with a 30" or 36" cabinet and a cast iron or stainless steel deep laundry sink. They also used to make a 20" metal and fiberglass sink/cabinet combination, but I do not know if there are any current models of it. My preference is the molded sink mounted/hanging on the wall.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Ian, I have 2 of those inexpensive fiberglass tubs. I use one in my laundry area and one in my shop. I bolted the legs of both tub to the floor, and the are really quite stable. If your concern is that these will move around, I think you will find anchoring them to the floor will solve that problem. Now, if you are after something to match a nice decor, these will not do that. They are functional period.
  6. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

If it's for a laundry room or garage just go with a Mustee Utilitub....cheap and durable.
  7. Ian Gills

By the time I will need it I would have just refinished the whole laundry area. It will have smooth drywall, a suspended ceiling and a tile floor.

And you want me to plonk a plastic tub in it?

Actually, the Mustee cabinets look quite nice.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. wallskev

wallskev New Member

Attached Files:

• sink.jpg
      sink.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views: