Free Estimates

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Don't put yourself in the same league as plumbers Cookie. Of course you should be paid. You are coming out to provide a service. Plumbers in providing a quote are certainly not, unless they tell you what is needed and how you can fix it.

I love that guy, I got to steal him, Ian. Your army dude.

I only charge that fee under certain circumstances. Tonite, I had to collect it, I didn't want to, but I had to, but that fee never went into my pocket.

Infact, his bill is covered for now. Oh, well, no one ever said, I will be rich money-wise in life. His daughter is worth it to me.

I get paid depending on whom I am doing the evaluation for, when and where. Classroom is different that is a weekly paycheck, salaried.

Cookie

Reaction score
LOL! And once again I'm the fool, see below:

She wanted me to replace a 3 handle faucet to single handle, and replace a toilet. Toilet rocks badly.

I tell her 4 hours estimated to replace the faucet in the shower. I tell her my hourly rate and 4 freaking times she goes "4 hours?"

It's an estimation, It usually takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours so my take is spot on.

The toilet? She wants a set price, or "flat rate" and I told her that I cannot give her that because it's older piping and it's been rocking for how many years?

That means the brass ring could be broke loose from the lead, even though it's not visible downstairs.

Like the fool I was, there was a tree trimmer guy giving an estimate as well.

So here all the service providers looking to be employed came out at no cost to the consumer to "look" at the situation.

I could be totally wrong, and I could assume that she's going to price shop me and find the cheapest, or she's going to realize how fair I've been in the past to her and her neighbor.

IF she never calls me back, that would be a fair sense she found someone cheaper.

That would mean that I would not feel comfortable working for her again. She's written off loyalty and I'm just like that.

Hope she appreciates the services of another because I can choose not to work, just like some chose not to employ me.

My toilet still rocks and I freakin don't care anymore, :) I let rock... and I keep gluing the bottom. lol.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
LOL! And once again I'm the fool, see below:

She wanted me to replace a 3 handle faucet to single handle, and replace a toilet. Toilet rocks badly.

I tell her 4 hours estimated to replace the faucet in the shower. I tell her my hourly rate and 4 freaking times she goes "4 hours?"

It's an estimation, It usually takes 2.5 to 3.5 hours so my take is spot on.

The toilet? She wants a set price, or "flat rate" and I told her that I cannot give her that because it's older piping and it's been rocking for how many years?

That means the brass ring could be broke loose from the lead, even though it's not visible downstairs.

Like the fool I was, there was a tree trimmer guy giving an estimate as well.

So here all the service providers looking to be employed came out at no cost to the consumer to "look" at the situation.

I could be totally wrong, and I could assume that she's going to price shop me and find the cheapest, or she's going to realize how fair I've been in the past to her and her neighbor.

IF she never calls me back, that would be a fair sense she found someone cheaper.

That would mean that I would not feel comfortable working for her again. She's written off loyalty and I'm just like that.

Hope she appreciates the services of another because I can choose not to work, just like some chose not to employ me.

You should had waited around the corner, to see if any other plumbing trucks pull up, lol. You could wave them away, saying, " she hired me," and, then, pull away. See, I can be evil? LOL...

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Wow Cookie, I am sorry to hear that this guy skipped out on paying for the evaluation when you were clear about the charge before visiting his family; there is no excuse for that.

And the fact that you knelt down to comfort the distressed little girl speaks volumes about you!

:D

Cookie

Reaction score
You don't miss what you never had, lol.

My boss worries because I don't conceal my purse, like I tell her, " maybe, someone will feel bad and put some money in it!" :)

I appreciate your kind words. I just really like kids.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I love that guy, I got to steal him, Ian. Your army dude.

I only charge that fee under certain circumstances. Tonite, I had to collect it, I didn't want to, but I had to, but that fee never went into my pocket.

Infact, his bill is covered for now. Oh, well, no one ever said, I will be rich money-wise in life. His daughter is worth it to me.

I get paid depending on whom I am doing the evaluation for, when and where. Classroom is different that is a weekly paycheck, salaried.

So for the record, you did collect $75 for the visit, and you got paid, just got mouth along with the fee?

If he knew ahead of time, why is he running his jaws?

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, actually, lol, not in money. It was the gratitude in his daughters eyes that I would knew would be my payment. Do you understand?
What was his problem? The hell if I know for sure, I think he was just overwrought with stuff on his agenda. I can understand that to a degree, his life is hard. His daughter was a real sweetie and I liked her. I'm not worried about the money, it is covered. It's a done deal.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Just an update, incase you want to know, if not that is okay, too, but the plumber called and he asked if he could stop over. About an hour later he came over, had his sweet little girl with him, and he handed me the check saying, he was sorry. I told him, it was alright, and his little girl was motioning me to bend down and she had kissed my cheek.

Now, that was nice, it made my night. .. but i didn't get my pen, :)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks