Franklin Electric control box making chattering noie

Users who are viewing this thread

mnkcon

Reaction score
Hi
as it is 9pm and too late to call a professional, i need to know what i should do about the control box making a chattering noise
I shut the breaker off until i can get a diagnosis
i had just finished doing dishes then started the washing machine - halfway through the fill of the washing machine tub the control box started making a chattering noise at about 5-10 min intervals
any ideas? feedback appreciated

mnkcon

Reaction score
thanks - i think
the pump is only about 7 years old - will i kill it if i turn the power back on to the control box

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
You sure it's not the pressure switch chattering? There are no mechanical links in MOST C-Boxes to chatter but I have heard some buzz and pop on occassion. Also there is a relay in the box that might make a click but not sure how loud it would be...

I suspect your tank is waterlogged and is either causing of amplifying the problem.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks