Franklin Electric control box making chattering noie

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by mnkcon, Mar 7, 2011.

1. mnkcon

mnkcon New Member

Hi
    as it is 9pm and too late to call a professional, i need to know what i should do about the control box making a chattering noise
    I shut the breaker off until i can get a diagnosis
    i had just finished doing dishes then started the washing machine - halfway through the fill of the washing machine tub the control box started making a chattering noise at about 5-10 min intervals
    any ideas? feedback appreciated
  2. WellWaterProducts

WellWaterProducts In the trades

If you're lucky it's just a failing control box. I think you can guess the unlucky outcome.
  3. mnkcon

mnkcon New Member

thanks - i think
    the pump is only about 7 years old - will i kill it if i turn the power back on to the control box
  4. Texas Wellman

Texas Wellman In the Trades

You sure it's not the pressure switch chattering? There are no mechanical links in MOST C-Boxes to chatter but I have heard some buzz and pop on occassion. Also there is a relay in the box that might make a click but not sure how loud it would be...

I suspect your tank is waterlogged and is either causing of amplifying the problem.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011