Frameless shower walls and wall mounted toilet, any Help?

Users who are viewing this thread

SurfsupinHawaii

Reaction score
Does anyone have any instructions on installing a frameless shower? I have checked them out and have a basic idea on how the install should go. Would like to hear from somone who has actually done it and has the experience to pass on the knowledge. There would be two walls of glass that meet at an outside corner. The other backside walls would be tile. anyone know of a good website? Anyone change a wall mounted toilet to a floor mounted. It is in a condo, all of the toilets are wall mounted, must be a reason for this. Anyone know why they would all be like this and how much work would go into making it a floor mount, changing waste discharge and such. THanks a lot.

Last edited:

marksman

Reaction score
surfsup...

there are generally two reasons for having a wall mounted toilet, one or both of which may be applicable in your condo situation.

first, from a housekeeping perspective, it is much easier to clean a bathroom floor with a wall mounted toilet than a floor mount; this could be applicable if your condo has a housekeeping service.

a second reason is related to the type of condo construction and/or use of the space under the floor. It is possible that there is heating and/or air conditioning duct work in the floor space under the toilet, making a conversion unworkable. It is also possible that the condo construction used either steel or concrete support beams, making it impracticable to run the toilet drain out of the wall for a floor mounted toilet.

I recommend that you attempt to get construction details on your condo before you attempt to convert your toilet to a floor mount, especially if all the toilets in the condo are wall mounted, as this implies that there was a constructin reason for doing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks