Frameless Door and Walls out of Plumb

Users who are viewing this thread

bluemax2

Reaction score
hi all.

question: i'm finishing up the tiling on my shower stall. the wall where i want to hinge the frameless glass door is out of plumb by about 1/4" - 3/8". is this something that the glass install guys should be able to work with or am i going to have to rethink the frameless door option?

if they can't hinge the door directly to the wall, will they be able to put a small panel on that side and then hinge off of that?

thanks.

howard.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On a custom door, it can be done either way, but I think it would be better to put a panel there and then have a nice vertical edged door - the hinges work better that way since most (not all) are designed to use the glass edge for alignment of the body, and if that is angled, it can give problems.

bluemax2

Reaction score
that's what i figured and that's the answer i was looking for. what i wasn't looking for was "sorry, you'll never be able to put a frameless door in there. why didn't you plumb the walls before you started, you moron?"

thanks again.

howard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks