"found a kinetico"

Users who are viewing this thread

cdg1981

Reaction score
Hello ALL!!

Today I was helping a friend clean out an old barn and we came across a kinetico water softener its a 3 tank system with a salt tank. I was wondering if this would still be usuable? the tanks are pretty heavy 100 plus lbs. I didn't inspect it much but i do know its a kinetico, where might i find a model type or number on the unit? I have looked through some of the forums and looked at a few pics tonight and haven't came across a unit that looks the same yet. This unit has been sitting in storage for at least 7 yrs plus and when we moved them I think i heard some water slush around in them. I'm mostly curious to if this system would still be okay to use since it has been stored (possibly with water left in them) might try to take them off his hands!!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
You could ask a local Kinetico dealer about it; they might give you a free evaluation of the unit.

Servallwater

Reporter
Reaction score
Website
www.serveallwater.com
Hello

If you had a picture of the system I would be able to tell you what type of system you have. Kineticos are good systems but can be pricey to repair. If that unit has been sitting in storage for 7 yrs the resin will probably need to be replaced and probably need work inside the head. There are lots of moving parts and seals inside the valve of a kinetico. If you are mechanically inclined you should be okay rebuilding the valve. Depending on the type of Kinetico system you have the price in Las Vegas ranges from $2500-$3500 for a Kinetico water softener. Rebuilding with resin, level seals, drain pistons, and some other misc parts will prob cost you $600-$800.

cdg1981

Reaction score
photo (2).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto (2).jpg

here are a few pics if they show up..............
if anyone wants some top notch plumbing done give pm me LOL

Also what type of filters would be required for well water, any specific types for this kind of system???

cdg1981

Reaction score
sorry for the same pic over and over,the other tank there is supposedly an Iron filter/tank i wasn't planning on using it. my current water is just hard, no smell, and tastes like country well water should

I rigged it up so that it would run through a few cycles to get any old water out. Works fine I think, thinking about installing it next weekend is there anything I need to look at closer as far as proper operation?

a few more ?'s

What does the number on the disk mean? this one has a 2 on it?
As far as the two 3/8ths in line go, Is there a certain place they go? i know one discharges and the other adds water to the brine tank, but how does the water from the brine tank get back into the resin tanks?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks