Foul tasting fizzy water

Users who are viewing this thread

Dennis Hennen

Reaction score
After replacing the shutoff valves and supply lines to 5 bathroom faucets, the water is fizzy and foul tasting.

The house is three years old. After the second supply line started leaking I just replaced them all with Brasscraft G2QPS19XC quarter turn valves and Brasscraft B1-20A supply braided supply lines. The plumbing lines are pex and I made the connection with crimp on connectors.

Now for the first couple of seconds when you turn the water on it comes out with very fine bubbles. It almost looks carbonated. This water tastes bad. It might be a metallic taste, but it is a little hard to tell. There is no odor.

If you leave the water running, it clears and then tastes fine. The longer the faucet has been unused the longer you have to run it to clear the bubbles.

This happens on hot and cold, a total of 10 different supply lines, and on two different stories of the house.

I was hoping it was just some air from the work but I've never had anything like this happen before and it has been three weeks since I replaced them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? Or do I just need to buy all new parts and start over?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
You do not need to replace what you have installed just give it a day or two and if does not clear up by then I will think on it.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
You know it might be the supply tube try changing them out with some fluid master supply tubes.

Dennis Hennen

Reaction score
On one of the faucets I put the old plastic supply line back in and let everything set for 24 hours.

The brasscraft supply line still caused the water to fix and taste bad. The old plastic lines were fine.

The brasscraft is being returned and I'll pick up some fluidmaster.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks