Force of Air Moved by Fireplace Blower

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by kailor, Jan 20, 2011.

1. kailor

kailor New Member

My fireplace blower, when on, barely seems to move the heated air from the fireplace and into the room. I was expecting the air to be as forceful as when coming out of your car vents. Am I wrong to expect such forceful air to flow from the fireplace? The fireplace is a Monessen BDV 300 series and yesterday, I installed a Dayton 3A fan speed control switch (Grainger # 1AGU5A) on the wall. When the knob is turned all the way clockwise, I can hear the motor and fan, but it sounds like they are barely on, like on a "Low" setting. Thanks in advance.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

No way for us to tell you because we do not know the CFM of the blower, or whether that switch is compatible with the blower motor.