For Plumbers:

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by organic_smallhome, Aug 29, 2009.

1. organic_smallhome

organic_smallhome New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Green Plumbing

Most plumbers that I know are aware of ways of designing a system with minimal impact on the envionment but, we have to do it the way the local jurisdiction dictates. For this to work there would have to be changes in the local laws. :(
  3. In all the years I've been plumbing,

I cannot even begin to tell you how often people ignore a leaking faucet(s), high water pressure, leaking flappers in toilet.

Then to go a step further, malfunctioning aerators on the tips of spouts, inefficient water heaters, poorly maintained humdifiers on furnaces.

That leaking outdoor faucet, even the hose itself...

If people were forced to address these issues, we'd be green in our thinking.

But it's double irony when a customer wants low flow toilets and has high water pressure, wants a low water usage washing machine?

???

In the big picture it does not make sense. The idea is good, but fix what's there to start....seems like too many people have issue with taking care of what's in their back yard, instead of "projecting" for something better.

I'm now going to flush my 10 gallon toilet 4 times, watch the pretty blue water flush away.
  4. Cookie

Cookie .

I don't think people want to ignore things, but because their are only so many hours in a day, things get put off, not just household things, either. How many times do we say, we will take better care of ourselves, we will start to diet tomorrow, etc, and then we don't. Yet, we expect our bodies to last forever in good shape, too. So, our faucets drip, our toilets run, our bodies sag, and we wonder why this all happens. :) We probably need more discipline, time and money . :)
  5. kordts

kordts In the Trades

6. Cookie

Cookie .

There is one truth that I recognize in the article, that Americans do use double of water than that of the rest of the world. That has been a fact for too long.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  7. organic_smallhome

organic_smallhome New Member

Really? What's "crap" about it? Seriously.
  8. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

We have alot more water than other places in the world. Comparing our water usage to Africa isn't really a fair comparison.