Follow-up : Okay To Use Electrical Tape and Silicone Rubber Sealant ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Soca

Reaction score
I bought a small section of the sprinkler wire. I cleaned up the ends of the old wires and attached the new section. As a temporary fix, just to test the system, I attached the wires using twist-on connectors. The backyard sprinklers now work. But, here's the problems that I'm stuck with. The previous owner ( and sprinkler installer ) literally wedged the wire between the water supply line and drain pipe leaving me with almost no working room. In the interest of space, can I use electrical tape to connect the wiring ? Then, maybe coat each tape job with a layer of ( Dap ) 100% silicone rubber sealant ? Thanks much for the help.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
One thing that can be done for low voltage, Is to make your splice inside of a short piece of PVC pipe.

Then fill the pipe with silicone rubber.

It is a pain to work on again, but the splice is well protected.

The wires should be soldered, not just twisted together.

Good Luck on your project.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I won't fault DonL's advice, but see my answer to your question in first post. Electrical tape will not waterproof the connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks