Flushmate pressure question

Users who are viewing this thread

moose

Reaction score
Hi:
I'm considering installing flushmate equipped toilets in my house.
However, I'm concerned about the flow rate / pressure requirements. My
house is fed by a well. The pressure gauge on my Well-Xtrol tank in the
basement indicates 45 psi. Is this sufficient to drive the flushmate
equipment after accounting for losses in the pipes and valves between the
tank and the toilet(s)?

Thanks for any help:

TedL

Reaction score
I put Gerbers with Flushmates in my last house.

I recently put Totos (Drakes) in my current house.

My next will be another Toto.

need_a_new_toilet

Reaction score
Flushmate I believe only requires 25psi which I'm sure you have. I just recently installed a Kohler Wellworth with the flushmate and I have zero complaints. Very powerful flush, no shreading of toilet paper and I'm totally convinced that nothing that could possibly come from a human or off a toilet paper holder could plug this thing up. :) Any thoughts of using a plunger have vanished... let's not forget the totally cool sound.

moose

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I'm concerned though, about the pressure (and flow rate) available to the toilet. The normal tank toilets that we have now take a long time to fill. I'd like to be sure (test the pressure some how) before committing to the new toilets.

need_a_new_toilet

Reaction score
From Flushmate's web site (http://www.flushmate.com/Installation/default.asp):

How do I check my water pressure?

To verify sufficent water pressure you will need a large bucket (at least one gallon) and a watch or clock with a "second" hand.

Close the water supply valve and disconnect the water supply line from the toilet.
Place the end of the water supply line into a bucket.
Completely open the supply line for 30 seconds and then quickly close it.
Measure the amount of water in the bucket. If you have one gallon or more, you have sufficient water pressure.
To view other pressure requirements by model, see the above "Installing a Flushmate Toilet" section.

loverboy

Reaction score
I am on a well too and if you have 45 psi you should be fine. The last time I checked I was at 42 PSI. I have not had any problems with the Flushmate system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks