Flushing problem in Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Viewer,

Seeing as the toilet is red, and figuring that you may want to keep it, you may want to try clearing the under the rim drain holes with a calcium remover. Here in the States we have Lime-Away, CLR and ZEP (Home Depot Stores). Zep goes for about $10 for a gallon. You'd turn off the toilet water valve, flush until no more water can go down the flapper, using a hose and a funnel you'd pour a cup of the calcium blaster down the drain hole whilst holding the flapper open. Depending on the chemical you'd repeat once or twice more. Then tou'd turn on the toilet water valve and flush.

You'll need to get on the toilet manufacturer's website, download the spec sheet for your toilet model (the tank may have the model number written on it), find the part number for the fill valve and the flapper valve and hopefully you can get replacement parts.

Best of luck.

Viewer

Reaction score
Thanks all...I am "flushed" with success...:D:D:D

I turned off the water, flushed it,disconnected the float arm and assembly from the inlet valve.

I then unscrewed the top of the filler valve to expose a flapper/screen type gizmo that was full of crud and rust/iron deposits.

I cleaned the screen type/gizmo with some washing up liquid and a fine brush and put it all back together again.

It is now working like a new one!.

Gee this forum has motivated me with the help I have had...I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

THANK YOU ALL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks