Flushed Bracelet.

Users who are viewing this thread

ThePhanatic

Reaction score
Mife just flushed a heavier gold bracelet.
Where should I start with possible recovery?
Should I remove the toilet and see if it is in the trap?
Should I check a low point drain somewhere? Snake it?

It is valued at $200-300, so not sure if calling a plummer in with a camera does the trick?
ANy basic suggestions.
Is there an outside trap/filter prior to the sewer?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It could be in the toilet or sitting in the closet bend. This means pulling the toilet to look for it. If it went further in, it would depend greatly on the layout of the plumbing. A snake would not be likely to do anything to help you recover it, but would more likely push it in further.

If a plumber with a sewer camera costs $250, will it be worth it? That's your call.

ThePhanatic

Reaction score
Hi Cacher, Thanks for the reply.
I was planning to stop the water supply in, unbolt the toilet, and see if it was in the trap.
unfortunately, like everything else the people who sold the house, doesnt work. no shut off for the incoming water.
soooo, I told the Mrs. BE MORE CAREFUL!
there is 5 of us and haveing only 1 bathroom in the lowest level would not be too good , even for a few days.
has already been flushed 3 times now, so sure it has been moved along.
shame...

Cookie

Reaction score
I felt bad when I read that, because years ago, my wedding band slipped down the drain and my husband was so angry with me. Like I didn't feel bad enough. He never bought me another... so, be a sweetheart and if she feels bad, buy her a little present just to show her you care.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Dropping a ring into the bowl is one thing...

Dropping it an then flushing it is another.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am sure this lady didn't flush it deliberately. Accidents happen. (mine was in the sink)

Last edited:

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I am sure this lady didn't flush it deliberately. Accidents happen. (mine was in the sink)

Okay.

Dropping a ring into a sink... shut of the water and take apart the trap with a bucket under it.

Dropped something into the bowl, get some long rubber gloves and go digging, don't flush...

Common sense, not common...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
And some things fall in just as it's being flushed.
There are many times that I pull out things that nobody remembers how they got there.
Perhaps something is on the counter, and it gets knocked in, who knows?
Sometimes the family dog will drop things in.
If it did drop in, it could be a ways down the line by now.

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay.

Dropping a ring into a sink... shut of the water and take apart the trap with a bucket under it.

Dropped something into the bowl, get some long rubber gloves and go digging, don't flush...

Common sense, not common...

Geez, we did that. But, unfortunately, the luck of the draw wasn't on my side, as I was running water and didn't realize it slipped off my finger right away. I was handwashing something which didn't require the stopper in. All americans do not lack common sense, much like all non-americans are not rude.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
And some things fall in just as it's being flushed.
There are many times that I pull out things that nobody remembers how they got there.
Perhaps something is on the counter, and it gets knocked in, who knows?
Sometimes the family dog will drop things in.
If it did drop in, it could be a ways down the line by now.

All is very true Terry.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is no trap in the line after the toilet. Depending on how heavy the bracelet is and what came behind it will determine how far it went. The best thing is to just go buy another one, chances are she would not wear it even if you do get it out of there now.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello all,

I agree, Just leave it in there, And call it "One Jewel of a Turd"...

Have a Great Day.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks