Fluidmaster7500 vs 7530

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Those links might work if you live in Canada, but not for those of us in the USA!

The choice of a fill valve and/or flapper valve is very dependent on the model of toilet you have which you didn't state.

rustico69

Reaction score
sorry the links didnt work...also should specified they were waxless toilet seals

better-than-wax-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
These are for the closet flange seal function.

Fluidmaster 7500 does not seem to be a product that is still offered by Fluidmaster, but stocks may still exist somewhere. It is complicated compared to a regular waxless seal, and has a neck that goes down below floor level.

Fluidmaster 7530 is their waxless seal.

Generally waxless seals work well when the distance to be sealed is in a range. So I suspect that some are better than others. Search for Saniseal and the Korky offering plus the Fernco product that has some wax but has a seal that rises up to meet the toilet. For the highest closet flanges, only wax will do.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Having used both, I can assure you that the 7530 is preferable.

better-than-wax-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks