Fluidmaster vs Korky fill valves

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Hackney plumbing, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

I wish they would start using fluidmaster ballcocks.
  2. johnsmith9875

johnsmith9875 Grumpy old man

Personally I'm partial to the Korky. I have put Korky's in all 4 of my toilets because I got tired of the noisy, leaky, squeaky Mansfield ballcock/float fill valves.

I have noticed that there is a bit of a religion about Fluidmasters though for some reason. they always looked dodgy to me, and way too cheap for me to consider something reliable. Am I missing something about them?
  3. Hackney plumbing

Hackney plumbing Homeowner

I've installed alot of fluidmasters with few problems or complaints. My "alot" means over 200 of them a year.
  4. maddog

maddog Engineer

I don't know about a religion, but the Fluidmaster 400A has been around for a long time and they seem to work well. Not a pro - am just a homeowner, but I've replaced quite a few old style ballcocks with the Fluidmaster over the last 20+ years and never had one fail.