Fluidmaster vs Korky fill valves

Users who are viewing this thread

johnsmith9875

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
I wish they would start using fluidmaster ballcocks.

Personally I'm partial to the Korky. I have put Korky's in all 4 of my toilets because I got tired of the noisy, leaky, squeaky Mansfield ballcock/float fill valves.

I have noticed that there is a bit of a religion about Fluidmasters though for some reason. they always looked dodgy to me, and way too cheap for me to consider something reliable. Am I missing something about them?

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Personally I'm partial to the Korky. I have put Korky's in all 4 of my toilets because I got tired of the noisy, leaky, squeaky Mansfield ballcock/float fill valves.

I have noticed that there is a bit of a religion about Fluidmasters though for some reason. they always looked dodgy to me, and way too cheap for me to consider something reliable. Am I missing something about them?

I've installed alot of fluidmasters with few problems or complaints. My "alot" means over 200 of them a year.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
I don't know about a religion, but the Fluidmaster 400A has been around for a long time and they seem to work well. Not a pro - am just a homeowner, but I've replaced quite a few old style ballcocks with the Fluidmaster over the last 20+ years and never had one fail.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks