Fluidmaster DuoFlush; converts a toilet into a dual flush toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Fluidmaster has a kit that adapts a standard toilet that uses a 2" flush valve with flapper, into a dual flush toilet. You can dial down the amount of water used for the two flushes, keeping the larger flush for big items and a smaller flush for liquids.

duo_flush_system_package.jpg

Most hardware stores carry them. If you make the change, you should really pick up the entire kit that comes with the adjustable fill valve to prevent overfilling of the bowl.

duo_flush_system.jpg

I was wondering about using other brand fill valves, but the port is sized to only work with the Fluidmaster hose.

duo_flush_03.jpg

The piston at the bottom used a clear seal.

duo_flush_08.jpg

The flapper is removed, and the new fill valve is installed.

duo_flush_09.jpg

Here it is with the adapter snapped over the overflow, which will now take the DuoFlush unit. It will snap right over it.

duo_flush_12.jpg

The trip lever operates on a cable. Down for large, Up for small.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
And a few more pictures

duo_flush_04.jpg

duo_flush_06.jpg

The handle here. There is a ridge that will be installed at the vertical. Well..........you have a 50/50 chance of getting that right even if you don't read instructions. I think you should read them for this install though.

duo_flush_07.jpg

duo_flush_10.jpg

Looking at the cams on the handle.

duo_flush_11.jpg

And done! :)

jjiimmyy

Reaction score
I have one of these things. The handle broke, and now I can't flush the toilet at all. I can't figure out how to manually get the bowl to flush until I get this thing replaced.

Help?

jjiimmyy

Reaction score
so, can I just remove the flush valve itself to get the bowl full of "stuff" to empty out?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just pour a bucket of water into the bowl and it will clear the "stuff". It will require more than 1.28 gallons per flush, but a bucket will more than do it.

No need to make it appear to "rush" into the bowl; just pour it in. When the bowl level reaches a certain height, there will be a siphon that evacuates the bowl. Then slowly pour more water in to refill.

If you want to be really-dramatic, pour it directly over the "hole" in the bottom of the toilet from a foot or two above the lip of the bowl, no so much that everything splashes everywhere, and you will start the siphon.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just pour a bucket of water into the bowl and it will clear the "stuff". It will require more than 1.28 gallons per flush, but a bucket will more than do it.

No need to make it appear to "rush" into the bowl; just pour it in. When the bowl level reaches a certain height, there will be a siphon that evacuates the bowl. Then slowly pour more water in to refill.

If you want to be really-dramatic, pour it directly over the "hole" in the bottom of the toilet from a foot or two above the lip of the bowl, no so much that everything splashes everywhere, and you will start the siphon.

This would be the easiest and best method to use until you get a new part from the hardware store.

Ken Jones IV

Reaction score
My first handle lasted about a year. The second one that I filled with hot glue lasted about 4 years. I should have filled the round part with glue too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks