fluidmaster Ballcock

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dwpecksr, Sep 27, 2004.

1. dwpecksr

dwpecksr New Member

I had a fluidmaster ballcock split on the shank where it is threaded for the supply tube nut. :mad: The toilet was installed two yrs ago.It made a mess and ruined a beautiful oak wood floor in a log cabin It was factory installed in an eljer toilet, Has any other plumbers ran accross this problem? :confused: The fluid master website is down. :rolleyes:
    Dale
  2. LonnythePlumber

LonnythePlumber Plumber, Contractor, Attorney

Never

I've never heard of a fluidmaster doing that. How horrible.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

a. nice avatar, lonny.

b. I have frequently seen hairline cracks in the Fluidmaster shank, either at the inlet end,or up by the hold-down nut. Was always just a drip that wouldn't go away. I always assumed it was from overtightening; never saw one fail catastrophically.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a split ring (adjustment holder) on a new tank before. That was odd seeing as it hadn't been in service yet.
    As many are in service, you would expect more problems. They've been pretty good. :)