Flow Rate of Kitchen vs. Lavatory Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
This may be brand/model specific.....but is the flow rate of a kitchen sink generally ~more~ than a lavatory faucet.

I saw a lavatory faucet I like.....but the application is for a ~mud room/laundry~ sink .
Am I going to see less water flow as opposed to a kitchen sink .

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kitchen faucets are almost universally 2.2 gpm. That USED to be the spef for lav faucets as well, but today it varies. It is done with the aerator , and most models of faucet you could get at 2.2, 1.5, 1.0 or 0.5

Chefwong

Reaction score
Aerators are not interchangeable - model specific from the manuf. itself right.
To be more specific, it's a Grohe lavatory faucet

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
Flow rate depends on the pressure of the water system. The design flow rates are usually stated in the paperwork shipped with the faucet. Other than that if you know the make and model the manufacturers website most likely has the info on line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In the majority of cases flow rate is controlled by the aerator, which is why I use an aerator with a removable flow control. There are some proprietary aerators, such as Chicago and small Kohlers, but the majority are generic.

Chefwong

Reaction score
I took a peek at the aerator on my Grohe Ladylux just for reference.
That looks to be a proprietary setup.

From a functionality perspective, of what the intended function will be for the sink, I suppose a kitchen faucet is the correct way to go.

-alan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks