flow check valve + circulator or circulator with flow check integerated?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by lmei007, Feb 3, 2014.

1. lmei007

lmei007 Member

I am in the position to make a decision to use a flow check valve plus a circulator or just a circulator which with an integrated flow check valve inside such as 007-IFC series. which way you will go?
  2. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Circ with check valve.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

when the check valve wears out or fails, it will be a lot cheaper to just replace a check valve.
  4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Nope, it's cheaper and a whole lot faster to change the check valve in the circulator but, I've never seen one fail
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Many (all?) of the Taco circulators use a cartridge to replace the wearable parts. Not sure what the relative costs are verses just buying a whole new one, but swapping the cart is certainly easy.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

we are referring to the "check valve" not the impeller cartridge, and if the check valve NEVER fails it must be the only "eternal" plumbing part in existence.
  7. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Maybe. I've been installing Taco 007's with the check valves since they 1st came out and I haven't had a single check valve fail yet. If you look at the design, I'm not sure how they could fail unless something wedged itself in there. Then again, I don't think I've had to replace more than one or two regular flow checks in 40 years either unless the packing leaked. Most can be "adjusted" when they stick open with a hammer to the side.