Floor drains verses washing machine pan

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevinmichele123

Reaction score
Is it better to run a washing machine pan verses floor drains in a laundry room or should I settle with better hoses ???

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
It's a lot more work to have a floor drain. If your doing construction and have a chance to add a floor drain, it would offer more protection then a pan (a pan eventually fills up and overflows). A floor drain requires some maintenance. It's trap can dry out if it never gets used.

But I can't say I would spend the money on installing a floor drain if the reason is "just in case a washer hose breaks". I've never had a washer hose break.

Kevinmichele123

Reaction score
It's a lot more work to have a floor drain. If your doing construction and have a chance to add a floor drain, it would offer more protection then a pan (a pan eventually fills up and overflows). A floor drain requires some maintenance. It's trap can dry out if it never gets used.

But I can't say I would spend the money on installing a floor drain if the reason is "just in case a washer hose breaks". I've never had a washer hose break.
. Thank u for a client what is best way to sell or not sell it .And what are best hoses ???

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I don't think there is a best brand. If you buy a "brand name" or "manufacturer's" brand hose, I think you are safe. It is more important to replace the hoses every five years or so.
Here is a link to an article on washer hoses. It sort of an ad for "floodcheck" hoses, which I don't use, but other than that it has a lot of good info.
https://www.floodchek.com/cont/uplo...-Machine-Hoses-Disaster-Waiting-to-Happen.pdf

Themp

Reaction score
I had a washing machine leak and no drain or pan. But I did have a heating/AC vent on the floor in the laundry room. And this is where all the water went and took out the flexible duct. Lots of water in the crawlspace and the house first floor was saved as the first floor is all hardwood, except for the laundry room. I have thanked that vent many times as I use the laundry room.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks