Flood pump with built-in water sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Does anyone make a floor sump pump with a built-in water sensor?

I don't mean a regular sump pump float, I mean an internal sensor that can turn on when there is as little as 1/2" of water on the floor.

I know there are several separate sensor/alarms/relays you can buy, I need a pump that has it built in.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo, but the Ridgid is not even close.

From Ridgid specs: Capacitive Water Sensor - Monitors sump levels and automatically turns pump on or off. On Level = 8" Off Level = 4"

I actually have the Ridgid in my own house as a sump pump and it's very nice, but not for a flood pump. I need one that can sense very close to the floor, 1/2" max.

Any other ones?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Well, you said sump pump , and I missed the "floor part".

Wayne and FLotec both make pumps which pump down to probably in the neighborhood of 1/4". Check their websites to see what the actual turn on level is.

What area is this that 1/2" of water on the floor would be acceptable? Is an area where you could actually cut in a sump?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
many pumps don't like to run dry, and with only a 1/2" of water, there'd likely not be enough flow to the pump to prevent that...you might have trouble finding what you want. Finding a sensor is another story...lots of ways to sense low levels of water - with the right controls, you an switch anything.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo. Indeed Flotec makes a pump called "Intellipump" with built in sensing and they claim will turn on at 3/4" of water and turn off at 1/4". Not quite what I wanted but close enough to try.

Wayne makes a similar pump but it takes more water to operate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks