fllor height raised ... Closet flange spacer kit?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Diamondintheruff, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Diamondintheruff

Diamondintheruff New Member

Hello all,
    Here's my problem
    redoing the bathroom floor there for the height of the floor will be going up by 1/4 inch. i went to lowes to get a new wax ring and spoke with a gentleman there that told me to buy a closet flange spacer kit. my question is its a 1/2 inch spacer? is that not too much since i am only going up a 1/4 inch? i think i have read on here that raiseing only a 1/4 inch a wax ring so be ok? help me out here guys?
    ideas?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The flange is supposed to mount on top of the finished floor.
    I will say that you will be much better off to install a new flange at the proper height as part of redoing the floor.

The spacers are what we usually end up doing for an after the fact repair when flooring thickness was added.