flies on the wall!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gramps, May 25, 2011.

1. gramps

gramps New Member

I have noticed in the last few months, I would find one fly every two weeks or so in the bathroom. It's they type of fly you find in the plumbing, the dirty type.

There is a new toilet and sink, installed a couple of years ago, but the shower has been in there for maybe a decade or two. The shower is used twice a day. the toilet has a good bead of plumber's puddy around the edge, and the sink does not leak at the P trap. I do not ever smell anything foul.

Is it possible water is leaking out of the shower trap quickly? is there another spot the flies can be coming from? anything to be concerned about?
  2. Andrew21

Andrew21 Member

waaa? could you provide a picture? You might have to fumigate your bathroom!
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber