Flexible insulated duct

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by mannerofspeakin, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mannerofspeakin

mannerofspeakin New Member

House built in 1990. Need to replace a run of flexible duct work. The ductwork that needs replacing has a "9'" stamped on it next to its manufacturer information on the outside, which should mean 9 inch duct right ? I guess my trouble is that I can't find 9 inch flexible duct easily or at all. Any ideas ? This duct feeds three vents. Other ducts coming from air handler are this same size while others are 10 inch.
  2. MaintenanceMan

MaintenanceMan In the Trades

They do make 9" flex duct. You most likely will never find it at a home center though. Most likely you'll have to go to a supply house. You don't see 9" used very often. Measure the diameter of the pipe to make sure it is the correct size.
  3. mannerofspeakin

mannerofspeakin New Member

Thanks. It is 9 inches. Are there some ways to convert current opening to something more common ? Like an adapter or something ?
  4. MaintenanceMan

MaintenanceMan In the Trades

Possibly, but it is probably 9" for a reason. Best to go back with that if it hasn't been giving you any trouble airflow wise.