flexible copper pipe question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pronouncedeyen, Sep 11, 2009.

1. pronouncedeyen

pronouncedeyen New Member

Hi. When I was running some 1/2" flexible copper pipe last night through some joists I bent them into shape against the joist itself. In the process I created a bunch of little indentations in the pipe. I should have bent them straight first and then put them through the holes.

Anyway, I attached 2 pics of the worst part of the pipe. Can I still use it or should I do it over with a new piece? None of the indentations go very deep but I'm wondering if they will be likely to turn into pinhole leaks later on.

Attached Files:

2. Plumbworker

Plumbworker Plumber

l or m tube?
  3. pronouncedeyen

pronouncedeyen New Member

Type L - I'm a newbie.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tube

If it were not K or L, then it would have to be refrigeration, because M does not come in soft. You are probably okay since they did not seem to create kinks in the tubing.