flexible copper pipe question

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi. When I was running some 1/2" flexible copper pipe last night through some joists I bent them into shape against the joist itself. In the process I created a bunch of little indentations in the pipe. I should have bent them straight first and then put them through the holes.

Anyway, I attached 2 pics of the worst part of the pipe. Can I still use it or should I do it over with a new piece? None of the indentations go very deep but I'm wondering if they will be likely to turn into pinhole leaks later on.

Attachments

• IMG00397.jpg
    IMG00397.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG00399.jpg
    IMG00399.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 449

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tube

If it were not K or L, then it would have to be refrigeration, because M does not come in soft. You are probably okay since they did not seem to create kinks in the tubing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks