flexable vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Giles, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Giles

Giles Retired tool & Die and Mechanic

Is there any possibilities of installing a flexable vent in a basement bath? I ask this because rigid venting will be quite involved with all the obstructions I have. I live in the county and codes are no concern, except I respect them and I try to do everything BY CODE. The run will be approximately 15'. Yes, I want to do this job right! THANKS
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

I think the worst thing about flexible pipes are the ridges and valleys.
    You run the risk of condensation collecting in the valleys and is a breading ground for mold and mildew.
  3. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

I would have the same concerns. However, the semi-rigid aluminum flex vent that looks like flexible auto-exhaust tubing and is used as flue lining might be okay in-between pieces of rigid vent pipe used wherever possible.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The problem is neither that flex material, nor probably any connector you could use to hook it up with, is approved for this use by a governig body like IAPMO