flexable vent

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Giles, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Giles

Giles Retired tool & Die and Mechanic

Aug 28, 2007
    N.W. Alabama--Florence--
    Is there any possibilities of installing a flexable vent in a basement bath? I ask this because rigid venting will be quite involved with all the obstructions I have. I live in the county and codes are no concern, except I respect them and I try to do everything BY CODE. The run will be approximately 15'. Yes, I want to do this job right! THANKS
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Apr 23, 2007
    Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
    Ontario, Canada
    I think the worst thing about flexible pipes are the ridges and valleys.
    You run the risk of condensation collecting in the valleys and is a breading ground for mold and mildew.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

Nov 23, 2006
    disabled-retired industrial fabricator
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    I would have the same concerns. However, the semi-rigid aluminum flex vent that looks like flexible auto-exhaust tubing and is used as flue lining might be okay in-between pieces of rigid vent pipe used wherever possible.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    The problem is neither that flex material, nor probably any connector you could use to hook it up with, is approved for this use by a governig body like IAPMO