Flek 7000sxt constant drain

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Cobra1365, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Cobra1365

Cobra1365 New Member

just installed a new neutralizer tank with Fleck 7000sxt. As soon as I came out of bypass, the system started draining. Tried depowering but it goes to drain each time I come out of bypass.
  2. Cobra1365

Cobra1365 New Member

Disassembled verything and started from the beginning again. Did not see any foreign matter or anything that I missed. Forced a maual regen and everything seems to be working now. Just one of those queertrons I guess.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple of days to make sure everything is working as advertised.
  3. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Check out the video in my signature. It will show you the syncronizing of the valve. Be sure the "S" is lined up with the arrow.

Hope this helps.

FYI, the filter valve and softener valve syncronize in different positions, but the letter "s" is the service position.
  4. Cobra1365

Cobra1365 New Member

Question...what does the turbine do? There is not one in my unit (neutralizer, not a softener).
  5. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

The turbine is the meter. Filters typically backwash on a time basis, not a volume basis.