Fleck5600sxt metering problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Harry W Munoz

Reaction score
Anyone,
I have a fleck 5600sxt (32g) system whose meter is not counting down the gallon used until the next regeneration. It remains at a constant 2400. I've checked all the flow valves on the meter, and all were clear of debris. I've backwashed and re-programmed the system several times with no luck. Does anyone out there know how to check the meter board without changing it first? Those boards run almost $200.00, and the whole system was only $450.00.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the unit on bypass & relieve the pressure. disconnect the bypass from the valve & disconnect the meter from the bypass. Blow in the turbine while watching the display. There should be some sort of indicator showing water flow.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Simply remove the meter cable from the meter portion of the valve and run a small magnet up and down the black sensor, you should see a water drip blinking on the display. If this works, then your turbine meter is not spinning internally, possible jam from debris, or worn. The meters are cleanable, not the easiest one to clean but...

If no drip, then you probably have a bad meter cable, the board rarely has a problem.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hard to follow when every question is started with a new thread. LOL, thanks!

If no pulse from the magnet, replace the meter cable. It could be a board, but this is expensive and very rare.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks