Fleck retailer and installer recommendation - Orange County, CA

Users who are viewing this thread

Marcesq

Reaction score
Hello all - I'm shopping around for a Fleck 7000 SXT softener and a matching carbon filter - 48,000 grains and 1.5 cubic foot. We're on city (suburban) water in south Orange County, CA.

I've found a few places online that will sell the pair of units for $1300-1600 delivered. One of the companies is Isopure Water (relatively local), and they quoted $1300 for the install. The install price seems a bit high - this is going in a garage on the main line in - 1.25" copper - and there doesn't seem to be any complicated issues - just a bunch of 1.25" copper, brass sweating, and running a drain line across the garage. I was expecting a price about half the quote for the install.

I can also save a bit on sales tax by going with one of the various other online retailers who are not local.

I'm looking for recommendations as to an online retailer - I can probably install this myself with all of the great advice from dittohead on these forums already, but I'm not opposed to spending money on an installer if it's a more reasonable cost.

Thanks in advance!
Marc in SoCal

sam shaw

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Calabasas, CA (San Fernando Valley). The closest dealer I have found is in Camerillo which is pretty far. If you know of any dealers in the San Fernando Valley, I would appreciate you letting me know.
thanks
-sam

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you too!

I will be in Florida this week and next, not sure if I will have time but I may call you.

Happy New Year!

4wd911

Reaction score
@dittohead
Also looking for a recommendation in the Pico Rivera, Whittier part of the town, really appreciate your help.

Btw, should I do a ntl lab test myself in advance or wait until the company come over and do it for me?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If you are on a municipal supply, then no need for a real test, just the basics. Hardness tds etc which any good company will do for free. I sent you a pm.

Rtguy057

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a reliable dealer of a new softener. I'm in Palmdale,CA. Possibly need an installer as well. Would love some recommendations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks