Fleck 9000 valve leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin1b

Bill
Reaction score
I have a fleck 9000 twin that is leaking. I'm not a plumber but am willing to do the repair myself if it's possible. When facing the valve with cover off, there are 2 bores on top of each other to the right of the timer wheel (picture attached). The top cylinder is leaking. I've been told this is a seal replacement job, and potentially a piston replacement. Does this sound right?

Couple of questions:
1) How difficult is this to do and
2) Where can I get good quality seals?

Thanks!

Bill

Attachments

• softener.jpg
    softener.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,529

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a fleck 9000 twin that is leaking. I'm not a plumber but am willing to do the repair myself if it's possible. When facing the valve with cover off, there are 2 bores on top of each other to the right of the timer wheel (picture attached). The top cylinder is leaking. I've been told this is a seal replacement job, and potentially a piston replacement. Does this sound right?

Couple of questions:
1) How difficult is this to do and
2) Where can I get good quality seals?

Thanks!

Bill

It would be good to replace both the upper and lower pistons along with the upper and lower seal pack kits, the lower one has the front half and then the back half when it comes to seals and spacers.

There are the 7 screws that hold the back plate to the valve body and then the screws that hold the shaft to the upper and lower cams..

simple enough

Just make sure that the parts are Fleck/Pentair and not a cheap knock off....

There are on line companies and then the auction site will often have the parts at a better deal...

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is it leaking from the stem of the top piston? Look to see if any of the teflon coating is worn off. If so, you will need the replace the piston. You can get the piston online at softenerparts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks